Saturday, November 7, 2009

Abba fans looking forward to “Mamma Mia!” at Taipei Arena from November 13 to 15


Upbeat Abba fans of different generations are nowadays singing the all-too-familiar songs like “Dancing Queen,” “The Winner Takes It All” and “SOS.” The rhythmic beats of Abba songs like “The Name of the Game,” “Money, Money, Money,” “Super Trouper,” “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!” and “Mamma Mia!” are also pounding loudly in their ears. “Knowing Me, Knowing You,” “Take a Chance on Me,” and “I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do” are simply bringing out a romantic streak in them.

Wow! Taipei is bracing for the all-time hit, “Mamma Mia!” The musical – a beautiful and simple love story – will be staged at the Taipei Arena from November 13 to 15.

The stage production of “Mamma Mia!” premiered in London on April 6, 1999, and on Broadway in New York on October 8, 2001. Different productions of the musical are now touring on different continents. Over 40 million people worldwide have seen it. About 17,000 spectators around the globe are being entertained by it every night and feeling the joy of the love story with a happy ending.

Not too long ago, the HBO cable TV channel ran the movie. A documentary on the making of “Mamma Mia!” even showed how a seaside set was built for the 2008 production, starring Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, and Stellan Skarsgard. The original member of Abba involved in the making of the film had insisted on the casting of at least one Swedish actor. Actress Meryl Streep, many of those who have seen the movie will agree, is an amazing stealer of the show.

Tickets to the show at the Taipei Arena cost from NT$800 to NT$5,800. Call tel. 07- 7809900.

1 comment:

  1. Mamma Mia is one of my favourite musicals. I know all the words by heart so it was nice to remember again in your post. Thanks for bringing back some fond memories about it. This weekend I’m going to visit my sister and we get pretty good ticket from Ticketsinventory.com
    So I'll be analyzing as well as enjoying that show. Here:

    http://www.ticketsinventory.com/theatre/mamma-mia-tickets/

    I know that I will enjoy every blessed minute of it

    ReplyDelete